There are many factors to consider when purchasing a home. The community, neighborhood, and school district are all important features that will affect you in your new home.
The Delaware Department of Education
provides very useful online tools to obtain information regarding all local school districts.
You can use the
Feeder School Search Tool
to locate the school district for a specific address. Simply enter the address of your prospective home to find the school system that corresponds to that address. Please visit the Delaware Department of Education
website to find more information regarding the school system.
One of the most important decisions a home buyer must make is choosing the right neighborhood. While this is a very personal decision that often hinges on hundreds of different factors, you should always keep in mind the following:
- If you are considering buying in an unfamiliar neighborhood, take the time to walk or drive around it, both during the day and in the evening. Talk to the local police about the neighborhood.
- Check out the availability of community amenities (such as public transportation, parks, stores, churches and schools). If you have school-age children you may even want to visit the local schools and daycare centers.
- It’s a good idea to travel the new driving route to and from work during the appropriate times to see what traffic you can expect.
- Look into the local job market as well. You can expect property values to rise if area employers are creating more jobs, especially higher-paying jobs.
- Talk to the neighbors in near the home you are considering, they could be one of your most valuable sources of community information.
Our custom Pricing calculators enable you to estimate the monthly cost of purchasing a home, or provide insight into the financial planning of buying a home.